There’s a good chance you’ve heard the name before, because ACT! has been around for more than 20 years and is the #1 selling Contact and Customer Manager. In a nutshell, ACT! is business contact management software that makes it easy for you to store contact and calendar information in a database that can be extensively customized to suit you and your particular business.
So what can ACT! help you do?
- Keep all your important customer information in one place
- Use notes and histories to track the details of every interaction
- Share information with your team
- Organize your contacts into groups – mailing lists, prospects, best customers
- Integrate with Microsoft Office to record important e-mail and use templates
- Save time on repetitive tasks with mail merges and reports
- Stay on top of your schedule and set priorities each day
- Track sales opportunities and help you get an accurate forecast
Here’s a video that Sage produced and put up on YouTube. I have to say I like it – it’s a pretty good, quick snapshot of what ACT! is and how it can help businesses. My one criticism of it is that you get the idea that ACT! is only for single users or maybe a few people working together, but ACT! is often a good solution for businesses that need even thirty or fifty users thanks to its Microsoft SQL database engine. What do you think of it?